Call Path is an enhancement to our Endpoint Monitor that allows you to see the network journey of a call from start to finish, provided it meets the following criteria:
- It is a point-to-point call on your LAN/WAN (internal calls)
- The source endpoint is a managed endpoint and configured in the Endpoint Monitor access group (meaning you see the call quality, camera and monitor status)
- The call is viewed from the perspective of a managed Cisco endpoint (associated with the Endpoint Monitor) dialing to another managed endpoint (p2p)n
- ICMP must be enabled on the network’s routers
Call path’s trace sometimes fails to appear (due to network issues) even if all of the above conditions are met, but these are the minimum operating conditions. Please note that (currently) calls to bridges, cloud services, or off-net sources/destinations are not supported. For more information on upgrading your Endpoint Monitor collector to run Call Path, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once the Endpoint Monitor is running Call Path, there are two ways to verify Call Path in vAnalytics Realtime:
Find the call in Active Calls and click on the Details link as seen below:
From the Endpoints or Endpoint Status
- Select In Call from the System Type
- Next, click on the Endpointname link.
- Then, click the Callsbutton at the top.
- In the Active Calls, click on the Details link as seen above.
That’s it! You should now see Call Path for eligible calls that trace successfully. If it works, you’ll see something like this: